Safety Optical Service was incorporated in 1963 and has been under the same ownership and management for 53 years. The S.O.S. objective then and now is development of practical corrective-protective eye protection programs for the work place specializing in innovative universal side shields.
- Our “in-plant” dispensing service has become the corner stone of all successful eye protection programs and the model for the PPE industry to emulate.
REACHING THE GOAL OF GAINING WILLING ACCEPTANCE TO WEARING PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR IS A PONDEROUS TASK THAT WE ARE CONTINUING TO PURSUE. THESE ARE BUT A FEW OF OUR MAJOR ACCOMPLISMENTS TO DATE AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO CONTRIBUTING MANY MORE.
- Revitalized a very old and complacent industry.
- Lobbied regulatory agencies to update antiquated standards.
- Participated in the revision of standards, which allowed the development of products that would be willingly worn in the work place.
- Solicited and obtained cooperation from the optical professions to venture from their offices and become involved in occupational vision programs and to assist in setting lighting and workplace visual requirements to increase productivity.
- Served as Industrial Liaison on ANSI Z87 committees.
- Designed and patented the revolutionary B-52+™Aye-Mate® universal sideshield, which has become the standard for compliant lateral impact protection on medium to large safety eyewear.
- Designed and patented the new innovative B-26+™ Wing-Mate™ Universal Sideshield designed for small to medium fashion safety eyewear.
- Designed and patented the new innovative B-22™ SafeMate™ Universal Sideshield designed to address lateral Eye Protection in Health Care.
Patent No.5,748,278,6,393,609 B1 and others